🠈 Layton, Utah 🠊
Settled in the 1850s and incorporated in 1920, Layton is a town in North Central portion of Davis County. It is named after the Mormon Patriarch Christopher Layton. Christopher Layton was born in Bedfordshire, England. He joined the LDS Church in 1842. Emigrated to Navou, then marched with the Mormon Battalion in 1846. Mr. Layton had ten wives and 65 children.
Sections of Layton were first incorporated at part of Kaysville (to the South). Residence chose to develop the area as its own municipality in 1880.
Originally developed as farmland, the town surged in population with the construction of Hills Airforce Base. It has since grown to an estimated population of 72,000 in 2014.
Prev ~ ~ Index ~ ~ Next